Communications from the WCom on the Auronet

Report of the Working Committee for July 2015 :

Action Plans from 4 Action Groups (Governance, Economy, Land & Town Planning, Youth) have been published in the N&N (online version) and Auronet. The Education Action Group will be submitting their plan very shortly. Growth and Bioregion have goals and milestones that are already integrated in the Action Plans of the above-mentioned Groups. Although the Action Plans are being published only now, it is important to note that work has already begun since a few months. The RAS is creating a web portal where all information and progress will be published.

Update on Way Forward 2018 - 29 Jul 2015

Dear Community, The Vision Task Force has published the Goals and Milestones of 4 Action Groups (Governance, Economy, Land and Town Planning, Youth) on the online version of the News and Notes and Auronet. Updates on the Goals and Milestones of the remaining Action Groups (Education, Bioregion and Growth) will be posted in a subsequent News and Notes, and Auronet. The Vision Task Force Attached files: Eco. AG - Action Plan - 27.07.15.doc (45 KB) Gov. AG - Action Plan - 08.06.15.doc (32.5 KB) L&TP. AG - Action Plan - 09.06.15.doc (32 KB) Youth AG - Action Plan - 27.07.15.doc (37 KB)

Report of the Working Committee for June 2015 :

On July 2nd a meeting of the Vision Task Force took place with representatives of the following Action Groups: Education, Economy, Governance, Youth, and Land & Town Planning. Two Action groups, Growth and Bioregion, are scheduled to meet for the first time in July as most of their members have been out of station. The various Action Plans and Reports will be made available on the Auronet and the News and Notes until the dedicated Way Forward website is ready. A joint meeting of all the Action Groups will be scheduled in August. The next meetings of the VTF will be on August 8th and September 2nd. On October 2nd, a day before the GB and IAC meetings which are scheduled for October 3-5, the VTF will meet to take stock where we are and ensure a proper presentation to the GB and IAC.

Report of the Working Committee for May 2015 :

Action Groups that have started to function: Screen shot 2015-08-25 at 3.34.43 PM In the 2nd VTF meeting, held on the 20th of May, it was agreed that Action Plans must be formulated by June / July. The AGs should be able to report on actions undertaken by July/August, ahead of the next meeting of Governing Board / IAC, tentatively scheduled in the first week of October. This will enable the Governing Board to consider support or advise accordingly.

Report of the Working Committee for April 2015

Post-Retreat Follow-up Process 1) In the General Meeting of April 29th the Working Committee informed the community about the follow up on the Retreat. Here follows a summary of the presentation. A meeting of the new Vision Task Force and the Working Committee took place on April 22nd in which participated VTF members: Dr. Vishaka Desai (via Skype), Ms. Ameeta Mehra (via Skype), Dr. Kabir Shaik (via Skype), former VTF members Aster, Sanjeev, Toine, and Hemant, Michael (for the Retreat Organizing team), Inge (for RAS), Kavitha (for youth), Mandakini and Carel (for the Working Committee) , and Working Committee members: Angela, Elisa, Eric. The following decisions were made: a. Rename the exercise. The name ‘retreat’ is no longer used and replaced by “Way Forward 2018” b. A chart, made by the Working Committee, was shown, commented upon and finalized (attached to this report). c. The focus of the work of Action Groups was defined as the implementation of the goals that emerged from the Retreat, not to come up with new milestones and goals. However, there is an exception if an Action Group wishes to work on a milestone / goal which has been defined during the Retreat but which, at the time, has not been given priority. d. Time limit. The work of an Action Group should be limited in time. e. VTF members’ participation. It was agreed that members of the VTF – except those not residing in Auroville – should be part of one or more Action Groups. f. Call for assistance. It was agreed that an Action Group can call on individual members of the VTF and others to help them resolving issues. This need was expressed by the representative of the Youth Action Group. g. Budget. It was agreed that each Action Group will work out its budget requirement, if any, and present it to the Working Committee. h. Interaction with working groups. It was agreed that each ActionGroup will, where necessary, interact with existing Auroville working groups on issues that pertain on the work area of that working group. E.g., the Governance Action Group will submit its proposals on the extension of the work of the Residents’ Assembly Service to the Auroville Council and Working Committee for its feedback. i. Outcomes. Each Action Group will submit each result of its deliberations to the VTF for approval. The VTF will ensure that the Community is informed of the proposals and the actions that propose to be taken, and, if a community decision is required, in case of strong dissent, it will initiate a decision-making process, through the RAS. j. Constitution of Action Groups. The Working Committee will constitute each Action Group from those who have been attending the previous theme meetings during the Retreat, and those who since have expressed an interest to join the group. Priority will be given to those who have gone through that theme’s process during the 2to 3 month Retreat process, in case a need to limit numbers arises. Each group will be given these meeting notes and the folder for each theme, consisting of: (1) the three core texts of Auroville; (2) the Concept note; (3) the Guidelines; (4) the action plan: a document with the milestones and goals to be achieved by that group, a template with detailed time lines, and RACI; and (5) revised WayForward2018 visual diagram. k. Interaction between VTF and Action Groups. It was agreed that at each meeting of the VTF one or two representatives of one or more Action Groups will make a brief presentation of the work done by the group, the actions they propose to take, and the time lines they envision. These should be in harmony with the Milestones and Goals set during the retreat. l. Community Information. It was agreed that the VTF will give regular updates to the community on the work done by the various Action Groups in the News and Notes, in the Auronet and via a dedicated web portal. People will be invited to share their views. Proposed is once every three weeks. m. Information to be provided to VTF. The Working Committee will send all VTF members a summary of the goals to be reached by each Action Group. (who, what, report to, timeline and budget) n. Next VTF meeting. It was agreed that the next meeting of the VTF will be on Wednesday May 20, 18.00 hours at the Conference Hall of the Auroville Foundation Bhavan with skype connection to Dr. Vishaka Desai, Ms. Ameeta Mehra and Dr. Kabir Shaik. 2) Final Retreat Report. On May 1, the Retreat Organizing Team presented its final Retreat Report which has meanwhile been published on Auronet. 3) The email address wayforward2018@auroville.org.in has been created 4) Constitution of Action Groups. The Working Committee has started contacting those who have been attending the previous theme meetings during the Retreat, and those who since have expressed an interest, to join an Action Group. All Aurovilians who would have not received an invitation but would like to join an Action Group are requested to inform the Working Committee.

Report of the Working Committee for March 2015 :

Post-Retreat Follow-up Process: The Auroville Retreat took place on the 12th and 13th of March. The Governing Board handed the accountability of the facilitation of the retreat outcome to the Working Committee. The Working Committee is waiting for the report of the outcome from the Retreat by the Retreat Organizing Group, expected in the first week of April. The Retreat Organising Group was set up for the specific task of organising and facilitating the Retreat. With the finalisation of their report on the Retreat, that task gets completed and the organising team will be successfully dissolved. The Working Committee will keep the community informed on developments.

Retreat- follow up - 29 March 2015

Dear Community, A number of people have been asking what is happening with the outcome of the Retreat and have expressed concern that all the hard work put into the Retreat might go to waste. The Working Committee is still waiting for the minutes of the Governing Board and International Advisory Council meetings concerning specific post-Retreat responsibilities, and for the report on the Retreat by the Retreat Organizing Group. As soon as these minutes and report have been received, and as requested by the GB and IAC in its last joint meeting, specific task groups will be constituted to take up the next step of implementing the milestones identified in the Retreat. The Retreat Organisation Group was set up for the specific task of organising and facilitating the Retreat. With the finalisation of their report on the Retreat, that task gets completed and the team members will get back to their other work responsibilities in Auroville. Warmly, The Working Committee

Report of the Working Committee for February 2015 :

Preparation Auroville retreat

We continued our participation in the Auroville retreat. One member of the Working Committee is participating in the organizing team of the Auroville retreat; two members are participating in the preparation of the Auroville governance session.

Report of the Working Committee for January 2015 :

Preparation Auroville retreat

One member of the Working Committee is participating in the organizing team of the Auroville retreat; two members are participating in the preparation of the Auroville governance session. We met with retreat organizer Mr. Aromar Revi.

Report of the Working Committee for December 2015 :

Auroville retreat

A meeting took place together with GB member Ms. Ameeta Mehra (by skype), GB member Ms. Aster Patel, under-secretary Mr. Srinivasamurthy, members of the Vision Task Force appointed by the Governing Board, members of the Auroville Campus Initiative and others on the planned retreat. A letter of Dr. Karan Singh and a document has since been posted in the News and Notes.