46th Governing Board meeting minutes
WCom report to the VTF – 11.05.15
WCom report to the VTF – 28.06.15
7.0 Report & Proceedings of the ‘Retreat’:
The Governing Board and the International Advisory Council (IAC) were very satisfied with the organization of the ‘Retreat’ and the enthusiastic community participation over the two days. The Board unanimously resolved to place on record, their appreciation for the Vision Task Force Team, the Retreat Organizing Team and the facilitator Mr Aromar Revi for their successful organization of the Auroville Retreat. The Board in consultation with the IAC strongly felt that their work must be carried forward through the following initiatives:
- The Working Committee in consultation with the VTF shall take the lead in constituting teams for implementation of the goals, milestones and activities that have emerged from the Retreat in each of the six areas identified for development during the Retreat before March 31, 2015. An evaluation and taking forward meeting shall be organized by the Working Committee and the expanded VTF, with the Retreat Organizing Team for this. - The Vision Task Force (VTF) shall be expanded to include the following members:
o The six members appointed during the 43rd Meeting of the Governing Board, Shri Alain Bernard, Ms. Ameeta Mehra, Dr. Aster Patel, Shri Hemant Lamba, Shri Sanjeev Agarwal and Shri Toine van Megen shall continue to be members. Additionally the following members shall be added.
- Dr. Vishaka Desai and Dr. Kabir Shaikh from the IAC
- Two nominees from the Working Committee
- One member of the newly constituted Youth Resource Team
- One member from the Retreat Organizing Team
- One member from the Residents Assembly Service
- The Secretary will be the convener
- The expanded Vision Task force should be set up without delay. It will monitor, evaluate and support the Action plans and Teams in line with the outcomes of the Retreat.
- The VTF must meet regularly and submit half-yearly reports to the Governing Board.
WAY FORWARD 2018
Subject: Constitution of the various Action Groups
Submitted by: The Working Committee
After finalizing the outcome of our first Vision Task Force (VTF) meeting with the Working Committee, held on 22nd April 2015, the tasks delegated to the Working Committee were:
- Constitute the Action Groups (AG) after consultation with the VTF
- Collect outcome from the Retreat and hand over Action Plan to each AG
- Train / Orient each AG if/when required
- Dissolve an AG after consultation with the VTF
This is a report on the progress made by the Working Committee so far in 2 weeks.
- Constitution of the Action Groups (AG)
- The Working Committee contacted (via email) members of the community who participated in the preparation of respective Themes during the Retreat, to confirm their active participation as a member of the Theme Action Group. We invited them to come to the presentation of the Way Forward 2018 during the General Meeting held on 29th April, where we explained the role of an Action Group (we projected the Way Forward Diagram).
- Almost all members confirmed their participation as member of an Action Group, some declined, and a few stated they were interested in specific milestones, and some have not yet replied.
See below the list of participants who have confirmed, and the current status of each Action Group constitution.
|Action Group||Participants||Status as of 10.05.15||Working since||Specific milestone resource person|
|Education||Aster, Deepti, JeanYves, Lalit, Lavkamad, Min, Sanjeev R, Chali, Angela, Mike, Amy||Constituted, some more people may join.||May 2015||Sanjeev|
|economy||Torkil, Uma, Anandi, Gijs, Vikram, Daniel, Bertrand, Min, Nicole||Constituted, some more people may join.||May 2015||Manoj, Harini, Aurelio, Sanjeev|
|Governance||Alan, Alain Bernard, Frederick, Carel, Isha (Swayam), Jaya, Noel, Ulli Blass, Shankar, Partha, Olivier Barot, Slava, Elvira, Claudine, Joseba, Matriprasad, Tom, Tapas, Ulrich Roper, Srinivasmurty, Nina.||Constituted||April 2015|
|Growth||Rakhal, Dominique, Jean Francois, Sindhuja||still to be constituted when more members have signed up||June 2015||Manoj, Martin S|
|Youth||Angeli, Auroananda, Chandra, Luca, Kavitha, Nadia, Mirrabelle, Ramanan, Vika, Usha||Constituted||April 2015|
|Land&Town Planning||Sauro, Jacqueline, Toby, Ranjith, Soham||still to be constituted when more members have signed up||July 2015||Deoyani|
|Bioregion||Partha, Shankar, Bridget, Joss, Anbumoris||Constituted||along with Land&Town Planning AG||Sanjeev|
2. Collect outcome from the Retreat and hand over Action Plan to each AG; and
3. Train / Orient each AG if/when required
As of now, role 2 & 3 are going on simultaneously. The Working Committee has informed each Action Group (via email) of its constitution and status and have asked the participants to fix a first Way Froward meeting with the Working Committee reps who will orient them on the Way Forward Action Plan Template which needs to be filled out by them. (See attached the Action Plan template sent to them, along with the Detailed Retreat Report made by the Organising Team). Plan for the next 2 weeks: the Working Committee reps will continue to be available for each Action Group in assisting them to fill out the Action Plan and answer any questions for clarifications if / when solicited. As and when the Theme Action Plan is filled out, these will be forwarded to the VTF for their overall assimilation and integration. Once the VTF approves, these will then be communicated to the community, essentially by putting them up in the Way Forward web portal (the RAS is working on the portal) and then sharing via News&Notes and Auronet the link to these plans to keep the community informed.
4. Dissolve an AG after consultation with the VTF
- There’s been no need for this so far.
WAY FORWARD 2018
Progress Report – June 2015
Subject: Status of the various Action Groups
Submitted by: The Working Committee
Report period: 11th May to 28th June 2015
Three Action Groups (Governance, Land & Town Planning, Economy) have submitted their Action Plan (find attached).
Two Action Groups (Youth, Education) will submit their Action Plans in July.
Two Action Groups (Growth, Bioregion) are scheduled to meet for the first time in July (members had been out for the summer).
See below the current status of each Action Group:
|Action Group||Participants||Status of Action Plan||Orientation||Notes|
|Education||Aster, Deepti, JeanYves, Lalit, Lavkamad, Min, Sanjeev R, Chali, Angela, Mike, Amy||Action Plan not submitted.||Done||The group has been handed over the outcome of the Retreat and are in the process of finalizing their Action Plan. They will share their progress during the VTF meeting|
|Economy||Torkil, Uma, Anandi, Gijs, Vikram, Daniel, Min, Nicole, Aurelio, Marc||Action Plan submitted – find attached June Progress report submitted – find attached.||Done||The group has identified 4 main Goals and is working towards them. They will share their progress during the VTF meeting.|
|Governance||Alan, Alain Bernard, Frederick, Carel, Isha (Swayam), Jaya, Noel, Ulli Blass, Shankar, Partha, Olivier Barot, Slava, Elvira, Claudine, Joseba, Matriprasad, Tom, Tapas, Ulrich Roper, Srinivasmurty, Nina.||Action Plan received – find attached.||Done||The group has not met in the month of June since members are out for the summer. An update will be given during the VTF meeting.|
|Growth||Rakhal, Dominique, Jean Francois, Sindhuja, Kripa||Are scheduled to meet for the first time||-||The group will not be present in the VTF meeting of 1st July|
|Youth||Angeli, Auroananda, Chandra, Luca, Kavitha, Nadia, Mirrabelle, Ramanan, Vika, Usha||Action Plan submitted – not attached June Progress Report submitted – find attached||Done||will share their progress during the VTF meeting.|
|Land&Town Planning||Toine, Sauro, Toby, Suhasini, Jacqueline, Ranjith, Soham||Action Plan submitted – find attached June Progress report submitted – find attached.||Done||The group has identified 6 Goals, has delegated tasks within themselves. They will share their progress during the VTF meeting.|
|Bioregion||Partha, Shankar, Bridget, Joss, Anbumoris, Cristo||Are scheduled to meet for the first time||-||The group will not be present in the VTF meeting of 1st July|